Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scripture Power

This week I have realized how much strength and power I am given for reading my scriptures.  I have had a few weeks where I haven't read them every day.  Not that I haven't read them at all, but not every day.  Come Thursday or Friday, I tended to check out of that commitment that I made to God and myself.   I found that on these days, things were much more challenging emotionally and perspectively.  I had a harder time being hopeful and being proactive about everything.  I thought less about my day and what I wanted to accomplish and thought more in terms of what I "had" to do that day.  When I read my scriptures, it helps me to refocus on the things that I know are really important and the things that I really want (not just what do I want to eat at my next meal or what form of entertainment I should pursue during my next down period.  Scripture study invites the spirit and helps me attain and maintain through out my day a positive attitude.  It helps me to actually want to do all the hard things that I've signed up to do or that are made available to me through out the day.  Taking time for scripture reading is "me" time that I need everyday.  It helps me to be my best self.  I read about people who were striving with their whole beings to keep the commandments and do what is right, even in very difficult circumstances. They are great examples to me.  If they can do it, maybe I can do the smaller things that are asked of me every day.  I'm always glad that I chose to read, this is something that I need to remember the next time I think I might skip today. When I read the scriptures, I am reminded of how much God loves me and all of His children.  He is constantly trying to get them to do things that will help them to be the happiest they can be.  He really does love us all.

Yea, scriptures!

No comments:

Post a Comment